50 Largest Christian Colleges and Universities in the U.S.
Samford & Abilene Christian Move Into Top 10, Moody Bible Institute Is Biggest Mover
Below is a list of the 50 largest Christian colleges, universities, and seminaries in the MinistryWatch database.
This list is compiled from the most recent data available from the Internal Revenue Service, which in all cases but one (North Park University) means we used 2022 data.
This list should not be interpreted as a list of recommended ministries. They are ranked by total revenue, and not by effectiveness, financial efficiency, or any other measure. That said, the Financial Efficiency rating and the Transparency Grade of the ministries are listed. We also listed the 2022 rank of each college.
This list is usually fairly static from year to year. However, I would like to highlight a few of the biggest movers:
- Samford University (7) and Abilene Christian University (9) both entered the Top 10 for the first time.
- Moody Bible Institute (11) was the biggest mover on the list. It was #35 on last year’s list.
- Other colleges that made significant upward moves include Houston Christian University (31 to 24), Palm Beach Atlantic University (34 to 25), College of the Ozarks (42 to 34).
- Colleges with significant drops in their rankings include Seattle Pacific University (16 to 29), Harding University (29 to 36), Mississippi College (36 to 41).
- Two colleges are new to this year’s list: Vanguard University of Southern California (45) and Eastern University (49). Eastern University had been on this list in years past, but fell off last year.
To learn more about these institutions, click on the ministry’s name and read the complete MinistryWatch profile on this organization.
Access to MinistryWatch content is free. However, we hope you will support our work with your prayers and financial gifts. To make a donation, click here.